Products offered for sale on Kogan Marketplace must comply with all applicable Australian laws and regulations and with Kogan Marketplace policies. Before listing a product for sale on Kogan Marketplace, you should carefully consider:
- the Prohibited and Restricted Product pages listed below;
- whether any ACCC Mandatory Standards apply to the product;
- whether the product is the subject of a product safety ban or recall by the manufacturer or a government regulator.
The following products are prohibited from being listed on the marketplace:
- Animal, wildlife or humans parts or products thereof (live animals, mounted specimens, ivory etc)
- Candles with lead wicks
- Combustible candleholders and decorations
- Contracts, licenses, securities or services of any kind
- Credit cards or financial products
- Currency, coins or stamps (real or counterfeit)
- Drugs, drug paraphernalia, drug prescriptions or glucomannan (tablet form); this includes any drug taking equipment and products/information designed to evade drug tests
- Electronic equipment used to transmit or receive signals or for surveillance
- Embargoed goods or pre-embargoed goods from these countries or regions - Cuba, Crimea region of Ukraine, Democratic People's Republic of Korea, Iran and Syria
- Event tickets
- Firearms or weapons
- Gift cards or vouchers
- Government documents, IDs, licenses and items (including police related items and uniforms)
- Hazardous, restricted and regulated materials (fireworks, refrigerants etc)
- Lockpicking devices
- Mini jelly cups containing konjac
- Miniature motorbikes (Monkey Bikes) with unsafe design features
- Multi-level marketing, similar programs or products from these programs
- Mystery Box and Chance listings
- Perfume Testers
- PPE in face masks, thermometer and hand sanitiser categories
- Real estate
- Sale or offer of services for personal relationships and advice, examples include dating services, friendship on social media, etc
- Sky lanterns
- Small high powered magnets - applies to loose or separable magnets
- Tobacco, vaping and e-cigarette products
- Tongue studs without holes
- Toothpaste containing diethylene glycol
- Used products (except for approved refurbished electronics in select categories)
- Illegal, prohibited, stolen or recalled products, or products otherwise legally restricted from being sold by the seller.
- Rapid Antigen Tests
- Subscription Services and standalone Software
- SIM Cards
- Single-Use Plastic Items (includes straws, cutlery, cotton buds, containers, etc)
Please consult the Kogan Marketplace Product Compliance Guide and Product Recalls policy for more information on ACCC mandatory standards, product safety bans and recalls. More information on product safety laws is also available via the Product Safety Australia page
The following products have restrictions on being listed on the marketplace and will require approval from the Kogan Team before listing:
|Adult Products||Some adult toys can be sold and must be listed in the appropriate Adult category. Kogan does not permit the sale of sale or distribution of pornography, items that would be considered illegal or a weapon.|
|Refurbished Products||Only in select categories|
|Alcohol||Seller must be licensed to sell alcohol online and comply with Australian Federal and State requirements.|
|Art||All art sold must be original works or licensed appropriately and must abide by any intellectual property laws.|
|Food||Kogan does not allow for the sale of fresh or perishable foods. Dry and long life foods are acceptable.|
|Baby & Kids Categories||
All products in this category must comply with mandatory standards.
Please check with the team before listing as Kogan does not allow for the sale of certain high risk items - examples below
|Consumer Electronics||Sellers must ensure that any products sold containing button cell batteries or plugs into a power source must meet compliance requirements.|
Kogan.com may add or amend this list at any time.
If you supply a product in violation of any applicable law or Kogan Marketplace policy, we will take appropriate corrective actions, including but not limited to, immediately suspending or terminating your listings and/or account suspension or cancellation. You should also be aware that the sale of illegal or unsafe products can also lead to legal action, including civil and criminal penalties.
The examples provided in these pages are not all-inclusive and are provided solely as an informational guide.
If you require further information or wish to request a waiver for any specific products, please contact your Account Manager.